Just Say Wen

I was flipping through the channels the other day, trying to find something decent to watch...much to no avail. Anyway, I stumbled upon one of those awkward infomercials and found myself fascinated. The product that hooked my attention? Wen Healthy Hair Care System by Chaz Dean.

The Wen Healthy Hair Care System promises to clean, moisturize, soothe, strengthen, and shine hair. They even claim that using their system will result in the elimination of bad hair days. When you order their stuff for the low price of $29.95 you get Wen Cleansing Conditioner, Stying Creme, and an intensive Hair Mask. But wait! There's more! You also get a texture balm and comb.

What seems to be the selling point of Wen is that it is not a traditional shampoo/conditioner. When you use the Cleansing Conditioner, you won't get a lathery, sudsy shampooing experience. However, according to the ad, that's exactly what makes Wen so great. It doesn't strip away the moisture in your hair and it isn't as harmful and damaging as traditional shampoo. Like all good infomercials, the Wen folks even promise a 60 day satisfaction money back guarantee.

After watching a few minute of the infomercial, I found myself intrigued, but I wasn't compelled to make a purchase. Why? Well, I like shampooing my hair. I like that "damaging" lather. I also didn't want to spend $29.95 plus shipping and handling to try out this system. For some reason, products available only through TV frighten me.

Have you seen these ads? Better yet, have you used this product? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

Blog Archive