Beauty Product of the Week: EverPure Color Care System

What is it? L'Oreal EverPure Color Care System includes moisture shampoo, moisture conditioner, and a deep restorative mask. The line is "L'Oreal's first color care that helps keep color pure even after 32 washes. Color-treated hair requires special care. The EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System* protects and conditions hair for long-lasting color purity." Available at drugstores and big box stores for less than $9.00 per product.

What did you think? Since I get my hair bleached out on a semi-regular basis, it's important for me to keep my hair color looking good as long as possible. I also need to make sure my hair gets an extra dose of hydration, and if I can get all this and save money, I'm a happy girl.

I've used other professional hair care products--including high end L'Oreal products--and have always been disappointed by them. Not only are they insanely expensive, but they also lack the big sudsy lather of their cheaper counterparts.

This line from L'Oreal is different. It costs a lot less than the salon products, but it still manages to be sulfate-free and contain good-for-color ingredients that make my hair look pretty darn good. The shampoo lathers up beautifully. The conditioner and mask leave my hair feeling more hydrated and healthy than some of the more expensive products I've used. Plus the line smells fresh and clean, but not overly heavy.

Final verdict? For the price and convenience factor alone, I really like this line of L'Oreal products. Add to that the fact that it cleanses and moisturizes my hair, and I have no complaints so far! This is perfect for all of us who invest in hair color and who want to protect that investment without spending a small fortune.

Blog Archive