Recipe for Beauty: Dry Skin

Because I work in education, I have this entire week off. Lucky me! So, since I'm at home being as much of a domestic goddess as I can stomach, I thought I'd do a few entries on homemade skin cleansers and masks. Since it's winter and dry skin is a huge problem this time of year, I'm starting with masks for dry skin.

The ingredients in these simple masks are rich in moisturizing properties and should nourish your skin, leaving you beautiful. Try one out when you get a chance.

AVO-HONEY MASK

Mash together:
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/4 cup honey
Apply the mixture to your face. Relax for about five minutes and then remove the avo-honey mask with a washcloth and warm water.

EGG AND OIL MASK

Mix together:
  • 1 egg yolk (beaten)
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • Vitamin E (pop 1 vitamin E gel tab and add liquid to the mixture)
Apply mask to face and leave on several minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.

MILK AND HONEY MASK

Combine:
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 2 Tablespoons milk
Apply to face and throat, coating well. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse.

Tomorrow: Homemade masks for oily skin!