Beauty Product of the Week: TruShine Lipcolor

What is it? Cover Girl's new line of 24 lipcolors is described as "sheer, shiny lip shades that are true to you! TruShine Lipcolor works with your natural undertones and complements 97% of skin tones." Available everywhere (with a money back guarantee) for less than $10.

What did you think? When you go to buy Cover Girl's TruShine Lipcolor, you'll notice that the colors are displayed by skin tone type (fair, medium, or deep). Cover Girl offers 8 different lipcolors for each skin tone, so there's pretty much something for everyone. I chose Blushberry Shine, a shimmery, mauvish pink color that looked like it would be good for everyday wear.

TruShine Lipcolor applies easily and has a really light, slippery feel. It doesn't make my lips feel heavy and dried out like some lipsticks. In many ways, I feel like I'm wearing my Burt's Bees lip balm when wearing TruShine, which (in my humble opinion) is a good thing. The color I chose matches well with my fair skin tone, just like Cover Girl promised. It makes my lips look very natural while also looking polished and made up.

The final verdict? I've been wearing TruShine Lipcolor pretty much every day since I bought it, and I really like it. I'm looking forward to trying some of the other shades in my skin tone. I have two gripes: 1) When I bought my color, Ulta had only half of the colors available. What's up with that? 2) I noticed the other day that TruShine Lipcolor has kind of a funky taste. It took me a while to figure out what it was, but I think it tastes a little bit like a lime Life Saver (yuck!). While that it kind of off-putting to me, I like the product overall and can definitely see myself buying tubes of this again in the future. Try it out for yourself--I think you'll like this one!

Blog Archive