Silver Lining

Every month, Allure highlights what's hot now in the world of makeup. This month, they're hyping up metallic eyeliners. According to their blurb, metallic liners brighten the entire face. They suggest a pale platinum for fair skinned girls and pewter shades for darker skinned gals. To pull off the look, Allure recommends using a thin, sharp line of the gray-metallics for an extra surge of intensity.

Swing by your nearest Sephora and check out these brands:
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Dime or Gunmetal, $15
  • Dior Crayon Eyeliner in Metallic Chic, $24
  • Becca Line and Luminate Pencil in Capri, $22
  • Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes in Silver (8L), $16

What do you think of this trend? I think I'll pass on silver eyeliner since I'm pretty sure my ultra-fare, prone to pink, skin wouldn't take to light metallic lines all that well. I do like gray eyeshadow, but some how the iciness of a silver liner leave me, well, cold. This is one trend I'll just have to admire on other women.

Blog Archive