When Blondes and Brunettes Fight, Who Wins?


Have you seen those ads for Sunsilk's Color Collection Shampoo and Conditioner and their Color Boost? You know the ones--a blonde girl trashes brunettes for being too serious and unattractive while a brunette taunts the blonde's inability to do things like read.

As a blonde (with a brain) and a beauty blogger, I always find myself cracking up each time I see these ads. They bring up all the blonde vs. brunette stereotypes that can be annoying and funny at the same time. Believe me, I have heard far too many blonde jokes in my day, but somehow the Sunsilk Color Showdown ads don't induce the same eye-rolling reaction most of these jokes get from me.

The Sunsilk people are really playing up the whole blondes vs. brunettes angle, and have posted two videos on youtube...one asking who's sexiest, the other asking who's the most approachable. Of course, as a blonde, I have my own opinion on the matter! What do you think, though? Does the dumb blonde stereotype still exist? Do blondes really have more fun? I don't know.

Anyway, we don't need to solve the country's societal problems...we can just sit back and enjoy the humor in it all. We can also enjoy a savings on the products. Click here for a coupon for Sunsilk's Color Showdown products.

Just one question, though--what about the redheads...where do they fit in the mix?

Blog Archive