It's Too Early For This!

Halloween just ended a few days ago. Election Day hasn't even passed yet, and already every retail store is pushing the holidays...hard. Coming back from my mini-vacation, my email inbox was filled with messages from beauty companies telling me what I need to buy this holiday season.

It just seems to early for all this! But I think I've caught on to how retailers push the holidays. It goes something like this:
  • December 26th: Put all the holiday stuff on sale and start selling Valentine's Day crap
  • February 15th: Discount V-day and push St. Patrick's Day and Easter
  • Day after Easter: Half off peeps and the start of the Mother's Day/Father's Day/Graduation/4th of July Season
  • July 5th: Goodbye Uncle Sam, hello Halloween! Oh, and Thanksgiving. Can't forget that!
  • October 31st: Adios, pumpkins. Time to bust out the Christmas spirit. Ho, ho, ho.
Even though I'm totally not feeling it right now, I'm bound to be forced into the Holiday frenzy soon enough. And I'm sure I'll be telling you all about the amazing products, palettes, and limited edition gift ideas hitting the market just in time for the happiest time of the year.

But I just can't do it yet...I need to bask in the calmness of the pre-Thanksgiving down time. There's plenty of time to worry about what blush I need to buy and what mascara is "the one" to give this year. After all, nothing says "Happy Holidays" like a brand new lipstick.

What's your take? Do you think they're pushing the holiday cheer a little early this year or am I just being a Ba-Hum-Bug?

Blog Archive