Beauty Product of the Week: Salon Glaze Clear Shine Rinse

What is it? Frederic Fekkai's Salon Glaze Clear Shine Rinse "is a clear shine rinse inspired by professional salon glazing services. The rinse-off treatment binds shine, recharges color, and adds silkiness to the hair. This non-chemical formula contains a unique blend of conditioning and lightweight silicones that coat the cuticle to shine and condition the hair shaft. With its lightweight formula, Salon Glaze won't weigh your hair down like traditional shine serums. It works on all hair colors and types, and both non-colored and color-treated hair." Available at Sephora for $28.00

What did you think? I got a free sample of this product and was anxious to give it a try. I followed the directions and tried this out three times. The first time, I felt like my hair was a bit softer and more manageable than usual. But was there more shine? No. At least not that I noticed. I asked one of my co-workers if she thought my hair was shinier and she said no. Not the response I was hoping to get.

Disappointed, I tried the product two more times. I didn't notice any more shine. For $28.00, a salon glaze shine product should produce more shimmer. I should have people ask me what I've done differently. My hair should look dramatically better. After three test runs, I never got the results I was after or would have expected from a "prestige" hair product like this. Thank god for samples!

The final verdict? Save your money. Seriously. You'll thank me for this advice! Of course, if you've tried this product and LOVED it, please leave me a comment and let me know.

Blog Archive