Sex And The City MANIA

In case you didn't realize it, Sex and the City opened over the weekend and made a buttload of money (yes, that is a technical term!). Like many of my under 45 year-old sisters, I saw the movie and had fun. Sure, the cynical side of me could pick apart so much about the flick, but I told myself to shut up and just enjoy the ride.

If you're a Sex and the City fan, there are so many resources for you to try to live their completely fabulous (and unrealistic) lifestyles. Here are some for you to check out:
  • Want fun, OTT (over the top) SATC hair? Click here for hints on getting their looks.
  • Want tips on how to dress like the fab four? Click here!
  • Want to rent your very own Louis Vuitton handbag? Go to Bag, Borrow, or Steal...they even have a whole section highlighting the bags seen in the movie.
  • Want to know what's trendy in fashion NOW so you can be the Carrie Bradshaw in your circle of friends? Click here.
  • Have an incurable shoe fetish? Click here for a fun blog.
  • Have champagne taste and a Coca-Cola budget? Click here for advise on being a budget fashionista!
My sister's co-worker went to the midnight opening of SATC dressed comfortably in sweats. All around her, women were decked out in their Manolos and designer dresses. A man in a custom suit stood in the lobby with an armful of roses and a sign stating, "I AM MR BIG." I wonder what he's overcompensating for?

Anyway, grab your girl friends and enjoy the movie...even if designer labels mean nothing to you. We could all use a little more fabulous in our lives!

Blog Archive