Oh Happy Day!

I'm rather surprised to be typing this, but--despite having to go back to work--I had a pretty darn good day yesterday!

As soon as I left my agonizing, slow day at the office, I headed out to my salon for a much needed dye job.  My horrid roots were touched up and I left with shining platinum hair.  I also made the decision to switch from a side part to a center part.  I haven't had a center part in years!  I forgot how much I liked having my part in the middle--it makes my hair really easy to style.

Here's a shot from my powder room of me with my new hair (and my old, trusty iPhone).
Now that I'm fully platinum again, I can wear red lipstick (yay!!).  The shade I'm wearing in the photo is something I picked up at Target yesterday.  It's Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Cinnamon Stick.  It's a bit heavy, but I'm liking it...and it seems to last a good long while.

I ended my day by going out to dinner with my husband, sister, and nephew.  After dining on super yummy pizza, we headed over to the mall and found ourselves in Nordstrom.  I wandered through their cosmetics section (they ARE having their anniversary sale after all!) and I accidentally fell in love with a perfume: Victor&Rolf's Flowerbomb.  Nordstrom was out of the rollerball, but my husband grabbed his iPhone and checked Sephora's online inventory.  He said they had it, so off to Sephora we went...and I left with my fabulous find...a rollerball of lovely Flowerbomb (thanks, hubby--you rock!).
All in all, it was a pretty good day.  I feel prettier than I did before I got my hair done, and I can't wait to wear my new scent.  Here's hoping to more awesome days this summer!

Blog Archive