Lance and Matthew address their BFF status

Lance Armstong and Matthew McConaughey spoke to Details about their budding friendship and the gay rumors that seem to follow them whenever they're seen together. "We tried it. Wasn't for us," McConaughey joked. "I have a great friend in [Lance]. I'd do anything he asked me to, even though he'd probably never ask me to. And he feels the same way. It's fun going out and living life and doing things at the drop of a hat. Livestrong just happens to be the most deliberate guy I've ever met." Armstrong likewise gushes about the Failure to Launch actor as well, calling him the "Redneck Buddha," and admitting McConaughey's laidback style has been a good influence. "His idea is like, 'Look, it is what it is, so go out there and have fun.' He's truly carefree - which is to say, he truly doesn't care... Our friendship just kind of developed. He got out of a relationship, I'd just gotten out of a relationship. I think people see these pictures and they think we're these overgrown frat guys, but we all have those kinds of relationships - and relationship isn't a bad word. I mean, we all have buds. We all take guy trips, but you take something very normal and you put it in a magazine, and people start talking."

Blog Archive