Just Over a Week and Counting!

Has this been the longest Christmas season or what? Seriously, by the time the big day rolls around, I could end up in a shopping and holiday-cheer induced coma. Like the rest of you, I have spent waaaaay too much time and money thinking about what other people might want for the holidays, wrapping gifts, getting packages ready to mail, waiting in line at various places (stores, post offices, etc.), and trying to force myself into the holiday spirit.

In the words of Susan Powter, "Stop the insanity!"

So now that we're in the final stretch and I have done as much as I am willing to do, I think it's time to focus on myself, if just for a moment. And I suggest you all do the same. This week I have both a hair appointment and pedicure scheduled. I am going to indulge in a little ME time before Dec. 25th gets here if it kills me, dammit!

When running through your list of people you need to buy for, don't forget yourself. Either take some time for a little pampering (hair, nails, massage, facial--whatever floats your boat) or buy yourself something pretty. And have it wrapped up so you get at least one thing you really want this Christmas. If you can't do any of that, then try to take time out for a bubble bath. Whatever you have time to do, just make sure its 100% for YOU!

Is this selfish? No. I don't think so. Doing something for yourself will make you at least temporarily merrier and will recharge your batteries so that you are able to enjoy (or endure!) this holiday season. Go on...do it! You have my permission.

Blog Archive