Bronzed Ego Deflated (& MAC SFF NC & NW40 swatches)

Goofy Smiley Sun Pictures, Images and PhotosAs I've stated recently, I went to my local MAC the other day and just played around with some products. I tried the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC40 on my jaw (I was sans-makeup as I was going shopping for foundation--I ended up with MUFE HD Foundation in 128, which is more neutral) to make sure I was that shade again.  I became immediately sad as I saw it was still dark for my face...

Ahahahaaaaaaa, I thought I had more color on me that I've had in a long time, that maybe I was a bit more "tanned". Not like golden bronzed but you know, a bit darker. Well, a bit darker indeed but not a the point of being a full SFF NC40.  Besides, it looked too yellow on me. NC37 is okay for me.

The thing with MAC SFF is that altough I identify more with the NC side since too much  NW pink can make me look ashy gray, right now I'm guessing my ideal shade would be achieved by combining an NW and an NC shade. The intensity may vary.  Besides that, why don't I buy a bottle of each and mix it? After all, I love how creamy it is and the great coverage it provides. But I tried it out a long time ago and it was horrible: it transferred badly and caused small white heads all over my cheeks, chin and forehead. That's why I just stay away from it.

Enough blah blah blah. I just wanted to show a couple of swatches I did of the NC40 and NW40 shades on my hand. I tried to sheer them out a bit. Not the best swatches, but you get the idea. (I hope). And yes, NW40 looks way darker than NC40.

**CLICK PICS**

Indoor Lighting (fluorescent)

Outdoor Natural Lighting

Oh, I don't know if you know but the SFF foundation does get a bit darker as it dries. Take that into consideration if buying it.  Better ask for a sample first.



¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!


PSsst---¡Viva Brasil!

Blog Archive