Review+Swatches: Hard Candy's 1,000 Lashes--Fiberized Lash Weave Primer

I like Lash Primer. I feel most of them truly do the work: condition and protect my lashes while helping my mascara make them look longer and fuller. To me lash primers are a great complement to even the cheapest mascara, aiding them to do their jobs better.  

A few weeks ago I saw the Hard Candy's 1,000 Lashes Fiberized Lash Weave Primer at my local Walmart and the first thing that grabbed my attention was the picture of the wand. It was big and wide. At $6 I didn't hesitate to buy it and try it out. I'm glad I did. It works quite well!

When applied, I get to see these little "fibers" on my lashes, they look like they have white extensions, lol (see pics). I let it dry and add my mascara. I really liked the result. As the packaging says, it made my lashes look a bit longer and fuller compared to mascara alone--not a super-huge-in-your-face difference, but it was there and I was satisfied. But what I love most about it is that, as other primers do, it helps my mascara to stay on longer without smudging even when I'm sweating. I've read some people mentioning they dislike the feeling of the fibers on their lashes, but honestly I did not feel anything.


 
A few things I do dislike:  I need to apply a few coats before actually seeing the product on my lashes; I would love for it to help more on the volume department; The wand worked for me because I have large eyelashes but I don't know how it will work on smaller ones (let me know if you have sparse or small lashes and tried it); and the mascara has this toothpaste-like packaging which I think will cause some product to remain in it when I actually think I've used it all up. Maybe will have to open it to see if it is like the UDPP?


 
Honestly, I've used lash primers from MAC, Clinique and Elizabeth Arden and this product is very comparable to them but for a fraction of the price. Really pleased and will buy again.

RATING: 4/5

*HARD CANDY 1,000 Lashes Fiberized Lash Weave Primer, $6 USD at Walmart Stores.

Some pics of my lashes with/without the primer (Click on all pics for enlarged versions).
IN ALL PICS:  MY BARE LASHES (Top) AND WITH PRIMER







LASHES WITHOUT PRIMER (Top) AND WITH PRIMER (Bottom)


LASHES WITHOUT PRIMER (left) AND WITH PRIMER (right)




¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive