Beauty Product of the Week: Voluminous Mascara

What is it? L'Oreal's Voluminous Original Mascara "is uniquely formulate to build lashes five times their natural thickness for a full and dramatic lash-look. Patented Volume-Maximizing brush thickens lashes evenly and smoothly, leaving them soft with virtually no flakes, smudges, or clumps." Available in black, brown, soft black, and blackest black wherever L'Oreal products are sold for less than $8.00.

What did you think? I rarely buy L'Oreal makeup products, but thought I'd give them a try. This mascara is one of their best selling products, so I thought I'd take it out for a test drive. To me, this mascara is nothing special. The brush doesn't seem to be anything new, and the formula is also ho-hum. It seemed to lengthen my lashes more than it thickened them, so I was somewhat disappointed with the "volumizing" aspects.

That said, it did a nice job of defining my lash line and making my lashes stand out. You need to be careful when you apply the product because I did get a few clumps when I first put it on.

The final verdict? I'd say this is an average product. It will give you decent lashes, but it doesn't rock my world. It's adequate, it's functional, it's affordable, so I can see why this is such a popular product. If it's on sale and you need mascara, I'd give it a try--just be careful to avoid clumps and flakes!

Blog Archive