Foundation Brushes Photo Comparison: MAC 190 vs. Revlon

MAC 190 -- $32 USD
REVLON Foundation Brush -- $10.99 to$12.99 USD (varies by location, I paid $10-something at Walmart)

Similarities/Differences?  Take a look.






Both are great tapered brushes with synthetic hair. Perfect for liquid or cream products in general.

To me, the most important differences (besides the price) are :
  • The Revlon brush has more bristles (higher volume) but it is still a firm brush.  It makes the application and blending of foundation/cream products easier than with the MAC 190, IMHO.
  • The handle: Revlon's have an ergonomic handle so I feel it "works" better between my fingers and the palm of my hand.
  • The metal ferrule: the one in the Revlon brush looks...cheap, as if it were very poor quality. I'm afraid it will detach from the handle. I've just had it for less than three weeks so I don't know if that will be a problem (I don't feel that insecurity with my MAC brushes).
My MAC brushes are a good investment, great quality for an accessible price (compared to other H.E. brands). BUT for the moment, Revlon has won this round.  I think the Revlon foundation brush is the best I can find at the drugstore and a great product for the price. I'll let you know ASAP if it breaks or gets rusty.

Do you have a Revlon foundation brush? For how long? How has it worked for you? I would appreciate some feedback!


¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive