Foot for Thought

Ah, Friday--the end of a horrifically long week. Not only am I grateful for the coming weekend, but I'm also happy because I have a pedicure scheduled for tomorrow morning. I don't know about you, but I love getting a pedi. There's nothing better than sitting back, reading a magazine, while someone files my nails, massages my feet, and paints my toenails.

Oddly enough, I was flipping through June's Allure, and their little beauty by the numbers section was all about feet. Here are some facts/figures I found interesting:
  • 32% of women are uncomfortable having other people touch their feet. Wow--that seems high to me. You want to rub my feet? Hell, knock yourself out. I have no problem with it, thus my pedicure love.
  • 23% of women get a pedicure every month. I usually get a pedi once a month from about April to October (baseball season!). The rest of the year it isn't as much of a priority for me. But if I had the finances and time, I'd probably get a pedi once a month all year long.
  • 62% of people say that it is normal for their feet to hurt. I don't know that it's normal, but it sure is common, especially if you've spent the entire day in 4-inch heels.
  • The average woman owns 27 pairs of shoes. Hmm...does this count flip-flops? I have no idea how many pairs of shoes I own, but if you do count all the flip-flops (not to mention my ultra cute pair of bowling shoes!), I've far exceeded the average.
  • The average shoe size for women in the US is a size 8. I wear an annoying size 6...annoying because it's hard to find shoes in my size as easily as women who have a size 7 or 8. *sigh*
  • The average shoe size for men in the US is a 10 1/2. God, my husband wears a size 13--he has monster feet compared to me. Of course, he's 6 ft. 3 and I'm only 5 ft. 2!
  • Foot fetishes are the #1 most common fetishes. Woo-hoo--let's hear it for the feet!
Wow--that was enlightening. Now I can go off and enjoy my pedicure with the 68% of women who don't mind having their feet touched.

Blog Archive