Summer Trend: Gray Eyes

I'll be the first to admit that when it come to eyeshadow, I am very much stuck in a creamy, chocolatey rut. I always seem to be wearing some sort of cream and brown combo because I am under the impression (probably the wrong impression, but I don't care) that my cream and brown combo makes my baby blues stand out.

This summer, beauty editors are suggesting we use gray eyeshadow, especially for evening wear. Touting it's more subtle qualities, gray is less aggressive than heavy, smoky charcoals and blacks.

Here are two ways to wear it: Wash a gun metal gray over your lids or apply a glittery charcoal at your lash line and blend a creamy slate to the brow bone. Either way, be sure to apply extra mascara for more definition, and keep your cheeks and lips soft pink. Gray eyeshadow does not pair well with the afore mentioned grape lip.

This is one trend I welcome. And maybe you'll catch me straying from my usual cream and brown in favor of a gray. There are so many shades of gray out there that there's bound to be something for everyone. Whether its a sexy slate, an icy silver, or a neutral steel, I'm sure you'll find a flattering gray to wear this summer.

Blog Archive