Summer Trend: Grape Lips

Ah, summer...time to indulge in frozen novelty treats like Good Humor Bars and Creamsicles. Remember when you were a kid and you'd slurp down Otter Pops? Not only would you indulge in the sweet, fruity flavor, but (if you're anything like me), you'd also revel in the fact that your tongue and lips were dyed purple, green, or bright red. Oh what fun.

With grapey-purple Otter Pops in mind, beauty editors are once again declaring that purple lips are "in" this season. An intense shot of purple on the lip invokes a fun, carefree look that's perfect for the responsibility-free days of summer. If you want to get in on this trend, try out one of these:
  • MAC Tinted Lipglass in either Desire, a full bodied, creamy, purple or Bold Heart, a shimmery, deep berry, $14.00 each.
  • Shu Uemura Gloss Lacquer in Irrational Purple, a knock-your-socks-off, super bright, almost plasticy purple, $26.00.
  • Max Factor MAXwear Lipcolor in Grape Ape, an 8-hour lipcolor that includes a top coat that adds a great amount of shine, $9.00
What's your take on purple lips? I'm a boring, traditional kind of girl and prefer my lips to be red or pink...that's just me! If I were more adventurous, I could see digging the purple lip trend, but it seems like beauty editors keep selling us the same old trend over and over again. Oh well--what do I know?

Blog Archive