Beauty Product of the Week: Smile Brightening Lip Treatment

What is it? Sally Hansen's Smile Brightening Lip Treatment is "the first lip gloss with the secret to instantly whiter teeth. The exclusive formula with color-correcting pigments, blue botanicals and brightening pearls creates a magical teeth whitening effect. Shiny gloss provides beautiful color and vinyl-like shine so you see an irresistibly brighter, more radiant smile. Available in 5 luminous shades, dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic. Contains Optical Brightening Pearls, Borage and Cornflower Extract to help create the effect of whiter teeth, botanicals and Vitamins A, C & E to soften and condition dry lips, and a pleasant vanilla mint flavor freshens breath." Available at drugstores for less than $7.

What did you think? I've been wearing Dazzling, a pretty pink gloss with a lot of shine and a great feel. The gloss makes my lips feel slick and sexy, and the color is very flattering. I don't know if my teeth look that much whiter, but the gloss does work well with my skin tone and does a good job of brightening up my smile.

The final verdict? I've paid a lot more for a lot less of a product. As a gloss alone, it's worth every penny since it's lightweight, easy to wear, and not too shiny. It doesn't make my lips feel overly sticky or gooped up like some glosses make me feel. The potential added benefit of whiter-looking teeth is a bonus. If you are able to find one of the five shades that works with you, I think you'll find this an easy to wear gloss suitable for every day use.

Blog Archive