Natural Beauty

I'm not a religious girl, but for some reason, Sundays are my days off. On Sundays, I reject my normal routines and allow myself to just be me...completely unaltered. Though I always shower on Sundays, I rarely wash my hair, I don't take my allergy medications, don't use body creams, swear off perfumes, and rarely if ever wear makeup.

I'm not entirely sure why I do this. As a kid my mother used to say that it was good to give your skin time to breath. I suppose this is the motivation behind my makeup-free Sundays. Sunday is also my day to lounge around the house, taking it easy, just doing this and that to get myself ready for the week ahead.

But if I do go out, my lack of makeup makes me feel scuzzy. I feel like my skin is blotchy and uneven, my hair greasy and sloppy, and that everything about my appearance says to the world that I am slumming...that I don't matter.

There are some women who can go out in the world without makeup looking great and feeling confident. I am not one of those women. I feel like I need at least a tiny bit of foundation and a coat of mascara to look presentable.

What about you? Does wearing makeup make you feel more put together? Do you feel beautiful when you don't wear makeup? And...what are your bare minimum makeup products? Leave a comment and let me know!

Blog Archive