Beauty Product of the Week: Hypnose Mascara

What is it? Lancome's Hypnose Custom Volume Mascara gives you "custom volume you control for hypnotic eyes. Dare to go up to 6 times the volume. With each stroke, the patented POWERFULL™ brush intensifies lashes from root to tip. Exclusive, fluid SoftSculpt™ formula, enriched with Vitamin B5, wraps lashes one luxurious layer at a time without smearing, smudging or clumping." Available at Sephora and department stores for $23.50.

What did you think? I've been on a mascara kick lately! Mascara is probably my favorite beauty product, so I've been more than happy to try out lots of mascaras for the interest of this blog.

Anyway...for $23.50 for mascara, I have high standards. I expect for a mascara with this price tag to transform my boring lashes to long, thick, luscious, fluttery lashes. I want it to feel good, to go on clump-free, to smell decent, to give me lovely lashes, to wear for hours without a smudge, and to wash off easily.

So how did Lancome's Hypnose do? So-so. Here's what's good: it goes on easily and does provide quite a bit of length. It made my lashes look good, but not great. It does stay on for a long time without smudging or smearing and it isn't as hard to wash off as some other brands I've tried (smashbox...I'm talking to you!). Now for the bad: the wand is wimpy looking and gets junked up. The cap is curved and is rather short, so it's hard to grasp on to when applying. Getting into detail work is extremely difficult. To top it all off, it smells funky.

The final verdict? Another pricey mascara that gives only average results. Seriously, Great Lash does just a good a job as this mascara and is only a fraction of the price. If you want an expensive mascara, I'll say it yet again: go with Lorac Lotsa Lash. Or, just save your money and get Great Lash. Whatevs.

Blog Archive