Lip Gloss Quest

I'm on a lip gloss quest. I'm currently obsessed with finding the perfect shade of gloss for the Spring. I want something shiny, not sticky...colorful but not too aggressive. I want a kiss of pink under a shimmer of gloss. I want it to be pretty, flirty, fun, and Spring-y.

I went to my local Ulta and hit up some of the more affordable drugstore brands. Over the next few days/weeks, I'll systematically try out each gloss and hopefully will come up with a winner. If not? I'm back to the drawing board. This is why I'm going for the less expensive brands and am staying far, far away from Sephora for the time being!

Here are my contenders for this first (and hopefully only) round of my gloss quest:
  • Lorac Lotsa Lip Plumping Gloss in Cutie (okay, so this is a more expensive brand--it was already in my makeup bag and I've neglected for a while now...time to bring it out into the rotation!)
  • Ulta Brilliant Color Lip Gloss in Cayenne, a spicy coral-y color
  • Ulta Brilliant Color Lip Gloss in Flirt, a shimmery pink with a hint of pearl (it was two for one week at Ulta!)
  • Cover Girl Outlast Double Lip Shine in Power Pink, also a shimmery pink--this is a two step gloss (first color, topped by shine)
  • Maybelline Volume XL Seduction in Born With It, my lightest pink shade--this one is supposed to plump up my lips and add amazing shine.
So...those are the glosses I'm going to try. I'll let you know how this goes. Should be interesting!

Blog Archive