Quick Review+Swatches: Stila Topaz E/L and Lancome Electric Pink L/G

I recently bought the above mentioned (and shown) products from the ACW website. I received them yesterday and tried them on today. LoL, my hauls are so small lately, recession has hit us kind of hard.

I've been wanting the Lancome La Laque Fever in Electric Pink (Reg. $26.50 USD, I paid $8.99) for a long time.  This shade is a super bright fuchsia pink with multi-color shimmer.  Super "electric" indeed. This gloss is very pigmented and it does provides great coverage in just one application, as Lancome claims. It is very glittery and somewhat sticky. Not much, but just enough to last a few hours. So if you don't like those two properties, this product is not for you.

I def. love the applicator, very soft and great for precise application. And the packaging is so cute! -- though you wouldn't know if you are about to finish the product...

What I don't like is that it can feel a bit drying while it is fading, mainly because of the glitter. It is recommended to use on exfoliated and primed lips (which I didn't do for these pics, I wanted to see how it worked alone).  Mind you, some other shades are more creamy and doesn't have all the shimmer (I would love to try them). Also, I don't think it'd last 8 hrs on my lips.  

The cost is extremely high for a gloss that is really great, but not one of a kind.

Overall I think it's a great product and I look forward to try other shades.



Artificial Lighting, No flash
(Sorry, I don't think the lighting do justice to the color)



When I saw swatches and videos of the "Topaz" Stila Kajal E/L (Reg. $18 USD, I got it for $9.99), I wanted it right away! I tried it today and love it. As Stila mentions on it's website, you really don't need to tug the skin around your eyes. This pencil is very soft and pigmented! Because of that, I had to be careful not to overdo it when applying. In general, it gives me a more natural wake-up and clean look than white eye liner.  Trying to sharpen the pencil is a bit tricky since the product is very soft (I can't see it as a CON, since that's its nature) so be careful and have patience. Also, it doesn't lasts more than a few hours due to it being so blendable and soft .

It looks so natural, I see this e/l becoming a staple on my everyday routine.



A subtle difference...

ETA: I forgot to mention --serves me right for posting things at 130am (or was it 2am already?)--, this works great as a lip liner and even as a spot concealer.  Not too much is needed, so that rocks. Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying full price for this product.

I also forgot to add a pic of me using these goodies.

No Flash / With Flash (both fluorescent lighting)
 
(On my skin: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation in 70-Fresh Beige; MAC SF Powder in NC40; MAC Neo Sci-Fi's X-Rocks Blush; MUFE Full Coverage Concealer #10 on eyelids with Revlon PR Translucent Powder on top; Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Mascara in Glam Black; Maybelline Define-a-Brow pencil in Dark brown; Stila Kajal E/L in Topaz on waterline; and Lancome La Laque L/G in Electric Pink on my lips)

HELLO BRA-STRIP!!!! (sorry about that)


Hope you find this post helpful. Did you have fun in your weekend?


¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive