3 Maybelline Mascaras: Photos and Review

I love mascaras. I like how they define my eye shape and overall look.  Eye Makeup is not finished without applying mascara. Punto.

In the last months I've bought various mascaras: Lash Stiletto and Colossal Volum' Express Mascara (both waterproof) and the Great Lash BIG Washable Mascara.

**REMEMBER:  CLICK ON ALL THE PICS FOR ENLARGED VERSIONS**



Lash Stiletto Waterproof Mascara in Very Black ($8-9 USD):
  • Love the "Grip & Extend" brush! It really grabs my lashes and apply the product evenly. It grabs smaller lashes very well.
  • Not a fan of the formula.  Very thin and though it accentuates my lashes, it really doesn't do nothing to "lengthen" them any more than other regular mascaras. It just defines them.
  • The product dries fast.
  • Though this is waterproof, it smudges on my under eye area if I sweat just a little. This happened even when I just applied mascara to my upper lashes! 
  • I honestly don't know if I would buy it again. Maybe if they change the formula. Man, I love that brush!
Maybelline Lash Stiletto WP Mascara


 Left--No Mascara; Right--Lash Stiletto in Very Black

Colossal Volum' Express Mascara in Glam Black ($6-7 USD):
  • This product is part of the "mascara-with-huge-wands" wave that hit us a couple of years ago maybe? The brush is great for applying the product but I don't know if it would work for ladies with barely-there lashes.
  • It does not clumps.
  • I like how it made my lashes look a bit more fuller but it doesn't has a Wow! factor.
  • Again, it's a waterproof formula but it smudges. I guess I wouldn't have that problem if I lived in a cooler place. =/
  • Of all the three, this has to be the one I like the most. I would consider buying it again.
  • I have to mention that when I first tried the original formula long ago, it flaked terribly and I hated it, but now I like the WP formula much better.
The Colossal Volum' Express WP Mascara in Glam Black


Left--No mascara; Right-- Colossal Volum' in Glam Black


Great Lash BIG Washable Mascara in Very Black ($4-5 USD):
  • Okay, so I always disliked the regular Great Lash Mascara but thought I would give this one a try just for the brush.  Similar to the Colossal Volum' one but I guess more "pointy"? It's okay...
  • Very natural looking, though I applied various coats. I liked that. 
  • No clumping. Thin formula.
  • This smudge like hell. =(
  • Will not buy again.
Great Lash BIG Mascara in Very Black


Left--No mascara; Right--Great Lash Big Mascara in Very Black

NOTE: I tried all this mascara without using lash primer. 

RATING for all of them:  3/5 (I think they are nice average mascaras, price is okay for all of them, better if on sale)

I think I'll stay with my Full-N-Soft Mascara. I really like that one.

From top to bottom: Colossal Volum', Great Lash BIG & Lash Stiletto

Hasta luego!



¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive