Do or Don't: Blonde Streaks

Black hair or blonde hair?  You don't have to decide!  (Or do you?)
I'm a natural blonde but I do enhance my color.  Being a platinum blonde (at the moment) I am no stranger to the bleach and tone.  I am also no stranger to non-natural hair colors.  In the course of my life, I've had hair in many shades, including blue, purple, pink, and green.  I'm all for self-expression and shaking up the status quo.

One look I don't quite understand is when girls have dark brown or black hair on the bottom with chunky platinum streaks on top.  (NOTE: I'm not trashing the emo girls here.  I'm thinking more of the mall-girls with their crazy, fried hair, low-rise jeans, over done makeup, and orange tans). To me, the black on the bottom, ultra-blonde on top look is reminiscent of one thing:


But what do I know?  Do you think black hair with blonde streaks is a do or a don't?  Leave a comment!

Blog Archive