Do or Don't: French Manis/Pedis

I go to a lovely spa to get my pedis done.  They offer great services and their nail techs are very detail oriented.  I've never had a bad pedi in all the years I've been going there.

Whenever I schedule an appointment, I am always asked if I want to have a French pedi.  I always decline.  In case you don't know, a French mani/pedi is when the base of the nail is painted pink and the tip of the nail is painted white.  See below for examples.

Here's my question for the week: are French manis/pedis hot or just a hot mess?  Leave me a comment with your thoughts.

Now, since this is my blog, here's my opinion: Yuck.  I don't understand the appeal of a French mani and the whole idea of a French pedi just creeps me out.  It looks gross to me.  French manis remind me of Miss Lee Press-on Nails, and that's not a good association.  French pedis?  Blech.  Why would you want to make your toe nails appear longer? 

I always steer clear of the French mani/pedi.  But I'm just one person!  What do you think of them?

Blog Archive