Look+Review: Maybelline Natural Smokes Quad

Maybelline Natural Smokes Quad (~$6.00 USD @ most drugstores) is simply amazing. I really think Maybelline changed the formula of their eyeshadows, at least for the quads. I've used (and posted) looks using Maybelline's Eyeshadows Singles but eventually didn't buy again because I noticed they felt "hard". Getting color on my eyelids was difficult even with a good shadow base and applying many layers.  Not too much pigmentation. I decided to broke my "Not Buying New Eyeshadow For A Few Months" Policy after reading so many good reviews and hey, the price was/is right.  (I went back to my policy right away...really).

The "Natural Smokes" Quad shades are fairly pigmented and feel soft to the touch. A big improvement from my old Maybelline E/S Singles. I really like the colors! So, so beautiful! The lid color is a beautiful taupe with a frost finish, the crease is more of a copperish brown maybe? and a touch less "frosty"; the outer corner shade is an almost matte grayish dark brown and the brow bone color is a barely there Ivory.  I would say this last one is the least pigmented of the 4. They can be placed differently in the eye area, although I'm a sucker for "instructions" in a pre made eyeshadow palette.  I just use my primers+bases (concealer, UDPP, TFSI, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, etc) and then put them over it. Really nice. 

As always, packaging is not the best & looks cheap, but honestly for the price it's okay. I feel that this was a good buy for what I got. 

RATING: 4.5/5

**Click on pics for enlarged versions**










ABOUT THE LOOK: I was staying at my in-laws when I did this look so that's why you see a different background. I also think my camera had some trouble adjusting to the light =/.  If I look "glowy" is not because I applied highlighter or other stuff: I was just starting to sweat! LoL. Oh men, I love my EL Double Wear.

Face
SMASHBOX Photo Finish Light Face Primer
ESTÉE LAUDER Double Wear Makeup 4W1-Shell Beige
No Concealer
MAC Prep+Prime Finishing Powder
ELF Blush+Bronzing Duo

Eyes
ESTÉE LAUDER Double Wear Concealer in Medium
MAYBELLINE Stylish Smokes Quad in Natural Smokes (applied as directed on packaging; darker shade as eyeliner)
COVER GIRL Lash Blast WP Mascara in Very Black
MAYBELLINE Define-A-Brow Pencil in Dark Brown

Lips
I honestly can't remember what mix of l/s and l/g I made =(





Blog Archive