New Year, New You?

Happy 2011!  Wow...I can't believe that we're at the start of another new year.  I had good intentions last month to do some "Best Of" type posts for 2010, but it never happened.  Life got a bit too busy for me, what with the holidays and all.  And now, a "Best of 2010" feels a bit past it's prime.  It's a new year; let's move forward.

So...today's my first day back at the office in two weeks.  It sucks.  I much prefer my time to myself, though I must admit: I do like getting back to my boring routines.  Routines help me stay on track.

That said, it's a good time to ask: did you make any New Year's Resolutions?  If so, leave me a comment.  I want to hear 'em!  I do not make resolutions....especially in the dead of Winter.  I don't make resolutions at the start of the New Year for this simple fact: it's cold, it's Winter, and the last thing I want to do at this time of year is make radical changes to my routine.  For me, I can take on new projects and challenges better with the light and warmth of Spring.  Weird, huh? 

Even though I am not making any resolutions, I am continuing on in my efforts to become healthier and tinier.  If you've read my blog for the past few months, you may have noticed that I have been undergoing some personal transformations.  In May 2010, I decided I was tired of being fat.  There's no nice way to put it, so there it is.  I was sick of hauling around too many extra pounds, and of being lazy and tired all the time.  For me the answer was simple: join Weight Watchers, stick to their plan with my eating, and increase the amount of exercise I do daily (I went from no exercise ever to at least 40 minutes 5 times a week). 

This plan has worked.  Since May, I've shed about 50 pounds and have gained a whole new outlook on things.  I don't feel depressed or woeful--I am anxious to see what's around the corner.  Losing weight and developing healthier habits have made me look better and feel better, both inside and out. 

So I ask you, what are you planning on doing or changing this year?  Leave me a comment--I'd love to hear what you're working on.

Blog Archive