Smooth Operator

Shaving is a pain.  Not only do you risk injury, but you're probably also coating your legs in some iffy chemicals when you use normal run-of-the-mill shave creams, foams, and gels.

I recently tried a few products from Pacific Shaving Company and, though they didn't make shaving the most pleasurable moment of my day, they were a nice change of pace.  Pacific Shaving Company makes both an all natural shaving oil and an all natural shaving cream.

ALL NATURAL SHAVING OIL, $6.95
Designed for both men and women, shaving oil comes in a tiny bottle--but a little goes a long way.  Here's what the company says about the oil: provides a consistently smooth shave that leaves your face conditioned and moisturized, not oily. It also applies clear so you can finally see where you're shaving - particularly great for shaving around blemishes, sculpting a beard or moustache - even shaving your head! (Ladies - say goodbye to those cuts around your ankles.).  Here's my take: I didn't use this on my legs--I wasn't sure how it would do over a larger area.  But I did try it for my underarms and it was nice.  I liked that it was clear so I could see what I was doing.  It would probably be good for the bikini area, too.

ALL NATURAL SHAVING CREAM, $8.95
Also for men and women. From the company: With natural and certified organic ingredients, our unique, low-lather formula is about to become your skin's best friend. But this isn't only about closer shaves - it's got you covered before, during and after. Here's what you can expect: Softer whiskers and superior lubrication, Healthy, hydrated and soothed skin, Protection from harsh environmental factors. And now my take: Of the two, I prefer this product. I like the feel of it better and I really like that a shave cream wasn't a bright, artificial color. I used this on my legs and it did a good job. I think I am way too used to crappy shave creams, but this was a decent, more natural alternative.

Pacific Shaving Company products can be purchased at Whole Foods, Target, CVS, and drugstore.com.

Want to win a year's supply of Pacific Shaving Company Products?  Head over to their Facebook page by the 15th to be a big winner!

Blog Archive