Swatches: My black eyeliners (pencil)

Every January I like to check my makeup stash to see which product stay and which one wins a trip to the nearest trash can or the 'Don't like them anymore' drawer.  I did that the other day with foundations, now it's my black pencil eyeliners turn. In this case, eyeliner that I don't like, eyeliner that I throw away.

I decided to make some swatches, I always find swatches very helpful when comparing products.

++All pics are clickable++

From Top to Bottom (Brand--Shade):  MAC Khol Power--Feline; MAC Eye Khol--Smolder;
NYC Waterproof--Black; Urban Decay 24/7--Zero; Milani Liquif'Eye--Black; L'oreal HIP--Black; Prestige Waterproof--Black
 


 All eyeliners, swiped just once (from left to right):
Feline, Smolder, NYC, UD, Milani, L'oreal, Prestige

 MAC Feline (top) and Smolder



UD Zero, Milani Liquif'Eye, Prestige Waterproof
(Zero is NOT glittery, I just applied it over a shimmery e/s;
forgot to clean it b4 taking the pic, sorry!  =/  )

Swatches (left to right): UD, Milani and Prestige


NYC Waterproof (top) and L'oreal HIP

NYC and L'oreal

Quick thoughts about them:
MAC Feline:  Very soft, a little more opaque than Smolder hence it looks darker (IMH); not great for waterlines (well, it's a khol e/l after all; I do use it on waterlines when doing smokey eyes look); awesome for blending and smudging.
MAC Smolder:  Very soft, also great for smokey eyes. A classic.
NYC Waterproof:  Feel very 'waxy', hard to blend--okay, I understand: it is wp after all); it barely shows on my waterline (I bought it to use it there). Honestly, I think it's pretty bad.
Urband Decay Zero:  Not as black as I would like but excellent on the lash lines and waterlines; last a pretty long time, be sure to work with it fast before it sets.
Milani Liquif'Eye: Love how deep this shade is; a dream to work with, glides  very smoothly on the eyelids, lash lines and waterlines; lasts a long time; the only thing is I can't use it on my waterline, makes them feel dry--to be fair, I don't know if Milani indicates it can be used on the waterlines).
L'oreal HIP: Terrible; Super waxy; I think it is discontinued, glad if it is.
Prestige Waterproof:  Average; doesn't show much on my waterline but works okay on the lash line.

I kept the MAC ones, the UD, and Milani and throw all the 3 others to the trash.  I do have gel eyeliners (maybe 2?), a formula I really like.  Will check them soon.


Have a great weekend.



¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!


Blog Archive