Beauty Product of the Week: Dior Addict Plastic Gloss

What is it? Dior's Dior Addict Plastic Gloss provides "intense color and extreme brilliance all in one, this rich, dense gloss makes lips look like they are 'dressed' in a skin-fitting vinyl sheath. The smooth, slick finish is just as durable as it is gorgeous - just one slick of the wand lasts for hours." Available in eight colors at Sephora or department stores for $24.50.

What did you think? I know, I know...$24.5o is a lot of money for lipgloss. What can I say? I was minding my own business, poking around Sephora, when Dior's beautifully packaged plastic gloss caught my eye. I instantly had to have a tube of my own! The colors were beautiful, but I finally settled on Edgy Rosewood, a soft mauvish pink that looked good with my skin tone.

This stuff goes on thick, so be careful. It makes my lips feel super slick and shiny, though not overly sticky or gloopy. The color is flattering and not too subtle like some glosses. Both the color and the incredible slickness seem to last longer than any other gloss or lipstick I've used lately, which is great. My one complaint with most glosses is that they don't have staying power. This stuff does--it lasts for hours!

The one negative thing I have noticed is that this gloss likes to find its way on to my teeth more than any other product I've used, so several tooth-checks are a must with this one.

The final verdict? The fact that this product has "Addict" in the title is no coincidence. I'm a lipstick addict, and this gloss satisfies my need for a fix. It may cost a pretty penny, but it's worth it. It's great to have something a little luxurious in my cosmetics bag o'tricks. This gloss looks great, feels great, and is my new favorite!

Blog Archive