Change Will Do You Good

I recently made a big life-changing decision: I changed hair stylists. My old stylist and colorist were costing way too much money and I wasn't feeling the love anymore, so I was on the prowl for a new place to get my hair done. Last week, I went for my first appointment with my new girl and she did it all--my color, my cut, my style. I'm officially a changed woman!

So, what did she do to so thoroughly change my look and my attitude to my hair? She flat ironed it!

I don't have curly hair or straight hair--I have boring, at times hard to manage, wavy hair. And I've never done much with it. I've always been a "blow and go" kind of girl...I just blow my hair dry, run a brush through it, and call it good. But now that I've seen the light, I'm a flat iron convert.

Yes, it may take a little more time to do and I might have to actually use a bit of product, but I love the smooth, shiny, sleek look I get from my flat iron. I know, I know--it's probably horrible for my hair, but most things that are good are bad for you, so why should this be any different? And yes, I know I won't be able to do it every single day, but my perfectly straight hair makes me feel a little more complete, more grown up, more dressy. I love it!

Not only did my new stylist turn me on to such a great tool in the flat iron, but she also costs less than half than my old stylist/colorist. God, what more could I want?

So, the next time you're apprehensive about making a dramatic change to your look, just dive right in and go for it. What's the worst that could happen? Even if you were to shave your head a la Britney Spears, you could find a way to make it work, given a wide variety of wigs, hats and scarves.

Change is good!! I promise!

Blog Archive