Happy Anniversary to Me!

Kiss and Make-up is turning 1 in a few days. Wow! I've been at this blogging thing for a full year. I never thought I'd last this long, but it seems like the fun has only just begun. It's amazing how much there is to learn about makeup, cosmetics, skin care, and other girly things. I've had a great year trying out new products and sharing my knowledge with you all. I've also really enjoyed all your emails and comments, so keep 'em coming!

I've had more visitors to this site than I ever imagined, with readers coming from all across the globe. Here are some of my most popular pages (in no particular order):
  • The Ugly Side of Beauty: here I listed some of the cosmetics companies that do and some that don't test on animals. I am an animal-lover and try not to buy too many products from companies that conduct useless, inhumane animal testing. Thanks to PETA for keeping consumers informed by providing this information.
  • How Old is Too Old: a quick go-to guide for when to throw out your makeup. I even refer back to this from time to time! It's hard to follow all the rules, and really--aren't rules made to be broken? I think I still have a tube of lipstick from my college days. Oh well!
  • Spend or Save: I'm always looking for ways to save money on cosmetics, but sometimes you pay for what you get. This post examines when it makes sense to spend and when it's perfectly acceptable to splurge.
  • How to Wear Red Lipstick: though it's a beauty staple, red lipstick seems to mystify. Should you go for a blue-based red? An orange-based red? This post tries to make red lips more accessible (and beautiful) to the masses.
  • Trimming the Bush: here I examined my anti-bush tendencies. In my opinion, trimming and shaving your intimate areas is a beauty routine essential. This was a fun one to write, and it's amazing how many people want more information about it!
Stay tuned! There's a lot more to write about in the world of beauty, and I plan to keep at it as long as possible. If you have any questions or have any topic to suggest, by all means, email me at asklydia@hotmail.com. I love hearing from you all--and I thank you for reading and making my blog so much fun.

Blog Archive