Quick Tip: Fake and Bake

As you probably already know, I am a sun foe. Since I am super fair skinned, I do whatever I can to avoid going out into the sun unprotected. My sunblock fanaticism has paid off, and I've remained burn-free for over 10 years now. However, my ghostly white is a little shocking at times, so I am a fake tanner.

If you self tan, either at a professional spray on booth or at home with various lotions, you may have noticed either an unevenness in your color or an unnatural orange tint. So...what to do? How do you put a stop to self tan discoloration?

The answer, my dears, is exfoliation! There are so many great exfoliating scrubs on the market (like Philosophy's Old Fashioned Lemonade Salt Scrub or Sephora's Body Sugar Body Scrub) you can use all over your body to slough off those nasty dead skin cells that are soaking in the self tanner, causing unevenness or discoloration. Not only will your skin feel great and super soft, but the self tanning product of your choice will actually work better. Plus most exfoliating scrubs smell and feel yummy, so it feels like you're spoiling yourself every time you use it.

There! No more blotchy, splotchy orange skin!

Blog Archive