Lydia's Gotta Have It List

The cosmetics companies sure are busy this week, sending me emails spotlighting new products and deals. I must be in consumer mode, because these ads are working on me! I want to try some of these, but my pocketbook is screaming, "Noooooo! Step away from the computer!"

Whether I actually buy them or not, here are three products I'm eyeing:
  • Benefit's that gal: this isn't just another primer to wear under your foundation--this primer has a gentle "silky" pink tint that promises to wake up the skin, smooth it out, and make it look younger. Plus it contains light-reflecting pigments that brighten up your skin tone. that gal costs $27.00 and if you buy it from Benefit's website and enter the code TGPRIMER at checkout, you'll get free shipping. Nice.

  • Lancome's Courbe Virtuose Divine Lasting Curves Mascara: maybe it's the sleek, curvey tube, maybe it's the super long and confusing name, but this mascara looks like an tempting indulgence. At $23.00 a tube, I could buy about 6 tubes my beloved Great Lash for the same price, but still--there's something in me that longs for a "100 degree lash curve with divine length." If I do give in to my consumer-driven dark side and buy this and some other products totally $35.00, Lancome will reward me with all sorts of great samples (just type in JULY when checking out at their website).

  • Laura Mercier's Mosiac Shimmer Bloc: this quad of bronzing and luminizing colors contains light reflecting ingredients and can be used all over-from the cheeks, to the eyelids to the body, if you'd like. There are two pallets, Golden Mosiac (containing copper, bronze, gold and cream shades) and Peach Mosiac (containing pink, bronze, peach and pearl tones), that would flatter a wide array of skin tones. Since it's a multi-tasker, it would be great for packing in your makeup bag if you're planning on any summer getaways. Available at Sephora for $38.00.
I know there are other product out there that I'm dying to try, so just consider this the tip of the iceberg! What's on your "oh I have to try THAT" list?

Blog Archive