Beauty Product of the Week: Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream

What is it? Caudalie's Hand and Nail Cream is, "A cream for those who want a nourishing, antiaging treatment for hands and nails. Protects the skin against aging as it hydrates, soothes, and nourishes. Nails are strengthened and invigorated without a greasy film. Infused with a sweet orange fragrance, this cream is highly concentrated in patented antioxidant grapevine polyphenols and Vinolevure." Available at Sephora for $19 for 2.5 ounces.

What did you think? I got this as part of a Caudalie gift set from my husband for Christmas, so I had no idea it cost $20 until just now! That's pretty steep for hand cream! That said, I love this stuff. I use it every night before I go to bed and it leaves my hands feeling smooth and soft.

I used to work at a winery so I have a fondness for the scent of fermenting grapes. Since Caudalie products contain wine-derived products, this hand cream has a slightly wine-y aroma. I love it--it's a scent that relaxes me for some reason.

The other day I used a different hand cream at work and was shocked at how greasy that hand cream was. The Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream that I have now become so used to does not leave behind a thick layer of grease like other creams. Instead it just feels nourishing and healing, and I look forward to my nightly routine of applying it.

The final verdict? It may be spendy, but this sure is a nice product. If you just can't bring yourself to splurge that much, consider picking up this hand cream for a gift. You're recipient will love it. But really, be good to yourself...you ARE worth a $20 hand cream if it will make you happy!

Blog Archive