How Disappointing!

I love Bare Escentuals...for makeup. For skin care? Not so much.

I had been wanting to try Bare Escentuals RareMinerals for quite some time, and I finally got my hands on a sample. What a disappointment.

According to Sephora, RareMinerals is a nighttime treatment made of 100% pure RareMinerals derived from untouched virgin soil, a nutrient carrier for vitamins A and C and a host of botanical extracts. Naturally activated by your skin, it is supposed to deliver benefits such as visibly reduced lines and wrinkles, reduced sun damage, more refined pores, brighter complexion, softer, smoother texture, less noticeable redness, and clearer and firmer-looking skin. To apply it, you just use the "pillow puff" applicator to dust RareMinerals over your skin.

Sounds easy enough...and sounds like it will be great for my skin. However, I HATED it! It seemed counterintuitive to apply a powdery makeup type of product to my skin after I spent time washing it. All night long, my skin felt covered, not nurtured. I really missed my nighttime face cream and couldn't wait til morning to wash my face and start over again.

This might be a "best of" at Sephora, but I will not be forking over $60 for this product any time soon. In my humble opinion, this product is a miss. If you've tried it and disagree, please let me know. Maybe I'm missing something on this one!

Blog Archive