Eye Shadow for Dummies

Maybe it's just me, but I've never had a problem figuring out how to apply eye shadow, probably because I've been experimenting with makeup since I was a kid. However, there are certainly plenty of women out there who think adding color to their lids is a difficult task. Well now these women are in luck! There's a foolproof system for applying eyeshadow on the market: ColorOn Pro Instant Eyeshadow.

I can't make stuff like this up!

The ColorOn Pro Instant Eyeshadow kit contains ovals of color that you apply to your eyes...no need for brushes, Q-Tips, or smudging. Here's what the company says about applying their product:

For a lighter application:

Peace (center oval on lash line, holding in place with index and middle finger, making a “peace sign”)
Pat (the back of the applicator gently with index finger from your free hand)
Peel (back the applicator from eyelid)
Tap (eye shadow on lid with finger to gently blend to desired result)
Set (lightly with powder provided to ensure a comfortable, long-wearing; crease-proof look all day)

For a heavier application:

Peace (center pad on lash line, holding in place with index and middle finger, making a “peace sign”)
Rub (the back of the applicator gently with index finger from your free hand)
Peel (back the applicator from eyelid)
Tap (eye shadow on lid with finger to gently blend to desired result)
Set (lightly with powder provided to ensure a comfortable, long-wearing; crease-proof look all day)

While I find the concept of this product somewhat amusing, I do think they might be useful in two cases:
  1. If you are unable to use a brush or other precision tool because you have shaky hands. Some people have conditions that cause their hands to shake, and the shaking makes it difficult to get a clean application of color. The peel and stick approach to eyeshadow would really help these women.
  2. If you're traveling and don't want to pack a ton of cosmetics and tools. Whenever I travel, I struggle over whether or not to pack my brushes. On one hand, I need them to get my makeup on. On the other, I don't want to run the risk of losing them if the airplane carrier magically sends my luggage to Ipanema.
What do you think? Would you ever use these? For more information on this product and how to purchase it, click here.

Blog Archive