Beauty Product of the Week: Fiberwig Mascara

What is it? Imju's Fiberwig "is the top-selling mascara in Japan - beating the competition with remarkable, "false eyelash-like" results.Engineered to create the perfect lashes with twice the amount of micro-fine interconnecting fibers, the instant drying formula creates a long lasting film coat around your natural lashes. Fiberwig imparts a perfect, smudge-proof maximum lash extension effect with a water-resistant formula that's easy to remove with warm water, without risking damaging or losing your natural lashes. A jet-black fiber film coats the surface of each lash with long-lasting, clump-free, lash lengthening color that's resistant to tears, sweat, and oil." Available at Sephora for $22.

What did you think? Mascara for $22? It had better be good! I've been wanting to try out Fiberwig for several months now. I finally broke down and bought myself a tube--for research purposes, of course! Fiberwig promises long lashes that are clump-free and beautiful. Plus they promise that you won't get "panda eye" from using it. I suppose "panda eye" is the Japanese equivalent of raccoon eye. Somehow "panda eye" sounds so much cuter!

Fiberlash is very easy to use and does not have that icky tarry scent that some mascaras have. Fiberlash does not thicken my lashes as much as some mascaras do, but it sure does add a great deal of length. To make matters better, it really doesn't clump. It leaves my lashes separated and lengthened and my eyes looking very flirty without seeming overdone.

The final verdict? If you have $22 to spend on a mascara, you'll be very happy with Fiberwig. It's an excellent mascara--it hasn't changed my life, but it does a very decent job. My favorite "pricey" mascara is Lorac's Lotsa Lash ($19.50)...I'll rank Fiberwig as a solid #2!

Blog Archive