Beauty Product of the Week: Positively Ageless Lifting & Firming Eye Cream

What is it? Aveeno's Positively Ageless Lifting & Firming Eye Cream is "a moisturizing eye cream that works with your unique skin and is clinically shown to visibly lift and firm skin around the eyes, reduce appearance of lines and wrinkles, and visibly reduce dark circles and brighten appearance of eye area. And because it's from Aveeno it's gentle enough for even sensitive skin. A pioneer in the study of natural ingredients for efficacious skin care, Aveeno has captured the naturally active benefit of wheat protein, shown to firm skin and rejuvenating shitake mushrooms, long believed to enhance vitality and slow aging." Available at drugstores for $19.99.

What did you think? The last eye cream I tried was flaky and did not give me the results I was after. Even though I have favorites in the world of skincare, I don't have a favorite eye cream and am always on the hunt for something new. I've been wanting to try Aveeno's products because of their blend of organics, like shitake mushrooms, and other natural ingredients.

This eye cream goes on easily. I like that it has a pump dispenser--that style of packaging seems much more hygienic than the "pots" of eye cream that are all over the market. Unlike the last product I tried, this cream does not flake off. Instead it absorbs nicely into my skin, leaving the area around my eyes feeling softer and more hydrated. I also notice that I don't have as much of a shadow under my eyes as I perhaps should, considering that I've been going through a very busy, very stressful time at work.

The final verdict? This is a very decent product that serves as a reminder to me that you don't have to go to the department stores or Sephora to find decent skincare products. I have no complaints with this product and could see myself buying it again, even though I apparently enjoy trying out new eye creams!

Blog Archive