Eye Pod

Just when I think I've seen it all when it comes to beauty products, a new product comes along that surprises me. This was the case with the Penetrating Eye Treatment Mask with i/Complex 3 from Skin Effects by Dr. Jeffrey Dover.

Available at CVS pharmacies and at cvs.com, this is rejuvenating eye mask has been designed to sooth tired eyes while reducing puffiness and fine lines. The eye mask does three in one: 1) dupuffs; 2) soothes with anti-oxidant botanicals; and 3) reduces the appearance of fine lines with oat peptide...all in just 5 to 10 minutes.

The packing of this eye mask is nothing short of innovative. I apologize for my bad photos, below, but they do help demonstrate what this mask looks like:

Each mask is packaged in a foil-wrapper with the mask on one side, in a white tablet-looking form. Next to it is a circle of blue solution.

You pop out the mask and drop it in the blue solution to saturate the mask and make it pliable.

After it is thoroughly soaked, you unfold the mask and put it on your eyes for 5 to 10 minutes.

The design is pretty wild!

I tried out this mask and was surprised to find that it stung my skin...bad. I don't have overly sensitive skin, but I was unable to keep the mask on my face the entire 5 to 10 minutes. I gave a mask to my sister-in-law to try and she didn't have the same burning sensation I did. I tried it again, cautiously, and did not have as intense of a sensation as I did the first time. I have two more masks to try (you get a pack of five for $19.99) and will do so in hopes of getting the beneficial results and not the burn.

While I personally can't recommend this product yet, I do give it credit for an innovative design.

Blog Archive