Mini Haul: Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner and Face Atelier Ultra Foundation (review+swatches)

Yep, mini haul from CameraReadyCosmetics.com:  it was about USD $30. I just bought a bottle of Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner and 3 foundation samples from Face Atelier.

I gotta say, I placed my order last Sunday (5/23) and I received it on Thursday (5/27). That was fast considering the package came from California (San Diego?). I ordered from them because I got products from different companies in just one place which translated in cheaper shipping costs. I'm impressed.

First, here are some swatches of the Face Atelier Ultra Foundation ($45.00 USD for 1oz). I've read so many nice things and great reviews from different makeup artists about this foundation that I just had to try it. This foundation claims that no primer or setting powder is needed when using it--that interested me very much so. I'm very thankful that they sell samples (which are good for about 2-3 applications) as I was not sure what shade was best for me. For now, I think "Honey" will work for me.

***I know I have not reviewed the Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation I bought recently, but I haven't been using it since it's not oil-free. That, combined with the shimmer in it, is just too much for me in this hot weather***

--Click on the pics!--

Face Atelier Ultra Foundation Samples

From L to R: #5-Sepia, #6-Honey & #7-Tan


::::

On the other hand, I wanted to try a good professional brush cleaner because I really like to take care of my brushes.  I have quite a collection and they are really important to me.  I normally use Baby Shampoo or anti-bacterial dishwasher and olive oil, but I worried that wasn't enough to leave them sanitized and well conditioned. After doing my research, I decided to get the Cinema Secrets Professional Brush Cleaner ($13.00 for 4 oz--other sizes available). I'm glad I did. Excellent product!







My brush went from this..........................................to this in seconds!


I made a video review!  Short and precise, lol.






ETA--Where to buy:

http://www.cinemasecrets.com/
http://www.camerareadycosmetics.com/


I think I will buy the biggest size since it's cheaper per ounce.


That's all for now. Have a great weekend!



¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive