Beauty Product of the Week: Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E

What is it? Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E is made of, "pure cocoa butter enriched with Vitamin E, in a soothing fragrance free base. Heals and softens rough, dry skin. Smooths stretch marks. Tones skin. An excellent all-over-the body moisturizer and after tanning butter." Available at drugstores and big box stores for about $6 for 8.5 ounces.

What did you think? My skin is not yet dry and flaky, and I'd prefer to keep it that way! I received a bottle of this lotion to try out, and I think I'm hooked. The lotion isn't overly thick, but it does leave my skin feeling very, very moisturized. My skin seems to just drink it up! I like using this every morning, right after my shower...and after I shave (it really makes my legs feel soft!).

The lotion has a slightly chocolaty scent that tends to fade away after a few hours. The scent is yummy but it doesn't overpower or compete with my perfume.

I've tried expensive body creams, and this one is just as good as the spendier ones.  It can supposedly help reduce the appearance of scars and stretchmarks, but I haven't tried it out for this purpose.  For moisturizing skin, this can't be beat!

The final verdict? Why spend a fortune when you can get such a decent product for less than $10? Using this product makes my skin soft and smelling like yummy cocoa. It's the perfect product to help winterize skin at the perfect price!

Blog Archive