Beauty Product of the Week: Keratin Complex Shampooo and Conditioner

What is it?  Keratin Complex Keratin Care Shampoo and Conditioner are "designed for customers to enjoy the benefits of a protein-rich keratin regimen on a daily basis.  Using these maintenance products prolongs your beautiful results long after a professional Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy in-salon Treatment."  Keratin Care Shampoo and Conditioner are designed for "damaged hair.  This shampoo is safe for everyday use and is formulated with a low pH-value and a light blend of essential oils that provide gentle cleansing and long lasting protection."  Available for $20-$37 each per bottle (price depends on bottle size) at salons.  See their website for a location. 

What did you think?  I haven't been to the salon in ages, and I haven't had a recent in-salon Keratin treatment.  I received samples of the Keratin Complex products to try out, and have been using this duo of haircare products regularly for the past couple of weeks.  Both products have light scents, but do leave my hair clean smelling.  The shampoo actually lathers (thankfully! It seems like pricier shampoos are oddly devoid of lather sometimes).  The conditioner doesn't feel too thick, but it does coat my hair.  After using this product for a bit, I think it makes my hair look shinier.  On the down side, I have noticed that my hair seems a tiny bit greasier, especially if I use Keratin's Shine, a product that goes on damp hair to help increase shine. With my hair type, this probably isn't the best product for me to use on a regular basis.

The final verdict?  For me, these products are a pass.  They're too expensive and leave my hair too limp feeling.  If I'm going to buy a salon brand, I'd just go for my all-time fave: Matrix.  But if you have regular Keratin treatments, this just might be the shampoo/conditioner combo for you.  Other people swear by this duo, and even though it's not the right product for my hair type, it wasn't a terrible product demo!

Blog Archive