Beauty Product of the Week: Good Night's Sleep Restoring Cream

What is it? According to Elizabeth Arden, Good Night's Sleep Restoring Cream "helps restore, repair and strengthen the look of skin from daytime damage to look and feel firmer and more resilient. Fine lines and wrinkles are softened and skin is conditioned and fresher looking. Aromatic lavender and honeysuckle help ease away the cares of the day." Available at department stores and drugstore.com for $36.

What did you think? I've been wanting to add a night cream to my daily routine, one that would be good but that wouldn't break the bank. Elizabeth Arden has a reputation for having wonderful skincare products, so I was pleased to find a product by them for less than $40. When the cream came (I bought it from drugstore.com), I couldn't wait to wash my face and apply my new product. I was not disappointed.

This cream is really thick and kind of purplish in color. And it smells great!! It seems cool when it goes on the skin, and feels really luxurious. It leaves my skin feeling well hydrated and amazingly smooth. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels incredible to the touch. I notice that this smooth feeling continues throughout the day. Since I'm (only?) 31, I only have a handful of fine lines that only I notice, and though I have yet to see a reduction in them, the way this cream makes my skin feel is worth the price.

The final verdict? At this point of my life, this is probably all the anti-aging power I need. This cream smells beautiful and makes my skin feel great. This is the best night cream I've tried so far, and I plan on continuing with it.

Blog Archive