What Is It and Why Do I Need It? Zeno Acne Treatment Device

If you've strolled through Sephora or Ulta, or flipped through any beauty related magazine, you may have seen a bizarre looking device with a ridiculous almost $200 price tag attached to it. I've seen this gizmo a number of times, and it kind of looks like a cross between a lighter and an iPod. Either way, I wasn't entirely sure what it was doing amongst more pedestrian things like lipsticks, foundations, and makeup brushes. Apparently, it's actually a acne-busting, skin saving gadget called the Zeno Acne Cleaning Device.

The Zeno is hand held and battery-powered tool that has been approved by the FDA to treat "mild to moderate" pimples. This zit-zapper applies a specific amount of heat to the affected area through a metal pad. Each treatment lasts about 2 1/2 minutes, and a total of 2 to 3 treatments over the course of 24 hours is usually all it takes to clear up a breakout. The manufactures say that the Zeno does best on new, fresh zits which it is able to fade away.

I've never used the Zeno and, since I'm firmly out of my teen years (thank god), pimples aren't a huge issue for me. However, the few reviews I've seen are glowingly positive about the effectiveness of this product. If you've used this product, leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts.

If you suffer from acne or frequent breakouts, the Zeno may be an investment worth making. People have spent a lot more and have used more bizarre methods to deal with acne, and since this is FDA approved, it may be a good option to try.

Blog Archive