Turning Japanese

My sister-in-law sent me a bunch of samples from a Japanese company called Komenuka Bijin (translated into English this means Rice Bran Beauty) that specializes in skin care and hair care products made from rice bran. According to their marketing, rice bran "has long been revered for its beneficial skin care properties." Rice bran is loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and provides nutrition to skin and hair that protect against aging.

I have samples of the full line of their products. I haven't had a chance to try them all out yet, but I've tried a few. Here are my thoughts:
  • Cleansing Foam: According to Komenuka, their water-based cleanser both softens and smooths as it cleans. I've used it for a few days now, and my skin doesn't feel as tight (or dry) as it usually does right after I wash my face with my everyday non-soap cleanser. My skin also felt a lot smoother, more even, and much more touchable. Not bad!
  • Moisture Cream Silver: Komenuka says this moisturizer will provide "instant calming and soothing." This anti-aging moisturizer is packed with antioxidants to keep skin youthful. I've used it after the cleansing foam and it really reminds me of another product I've used in the past, but I can't remember what that product is. My memory is failing me already! I didn't notice any instant changes to the appearance of my skin, but the moisturizing lotion did feel nice and cool on my face. It goes on easily and leaves skin soft and not greasy feeling like some moisturizers.
  • Eye Moisture Jell: I love they way they spell the word gel! It makes me think of jelly and for some reason that makes me laugh. Doesn't take much. This "jell" is designed to firm up eyes and deflate bags. I find it to be a bit sticky, but it does soothe tired eyelids. Not the best product I've ever used, but not the worst either.
  • Komenuka Shampoo and Hair Treatment (aka conditioner): The shampoo is pH balanced and is gentle enough for daily use. It states that it will provide volume, help prevent split ends, and keep hair healthy. The conditioner is designed to reconstruct damaged hair, leaving it vibrant. I used the two in conjunction today and wow! My hair feels light, healthy, soft...I love it! Both products have a nice clean smell and they made my hair look and feel great--no small task.
So far I'm impressed with Komenuka Bijin's products and can't wait to try the other items in my box of tricks. To top it off, they don't test on animals--always a plus in my book! Their products seem to be made of good quality ingredients and they do what they advertise. Their stuff is worth a look. If you're interested in buying their goods, be sure to check the "Where to Buy" section on their website. Domo arigato, Komenuka Bijin!

Blog Archive