Not So Pretty in Pink

Every season there's always an "IT" beauty item, and this spring the cosmetics world has crowned Lancome's Pout a Porter Lipstick in Proenza Pink that item. This lipstick was specifically created for the Proenza Schouler spring show where it graced the runways and created a ton of hype.

Lancome refers to their uber-trendy lipstick as "bubblegum" pink, and says that it looks amazing on almost all skin types. This lipstick usually sells for $25 but is sold out almost everywhere. Based on a quick, unscientific search, it looks like Proenza in Pink is going for about $50 on eBay.

What do you think of this shade? I think it's surprisingly lacking something--namely, color. It seems more than a bit flat, and I'd worry that it would leave my lips looking a bit corpse-like. But what do I know (except that I would save my $50 and get something else a bit more flattering!)?

Blog Archive