Beauty Product of the Week: Juice Beauty Organics To Go

What is it? Juice Beauty's trial-sized collection, Organics to Go, is "a 6-piece organic skincare starter set with anti aging benefits. This complete organic skincare routine for day and night cleanses, brightens, helps to smooth and firm, and provides essential vitamins and antioxidants for healthy, radiant skin. This set includes Cleansing Milk, Antioxidant Serum, Green Apple Peel, Hydrating Mist, and Oil-Free Moisturizer, plus an organic bamboo washcloth." Available at Sephora for $29.00.

What did you think? Since I didn't want to lug my full-sized products across the country, I picked up this kit of skin care products to try out during my recent vacation. I used these products for about two weeks, and let me just say I was glad to get home to my usual stuff.
  • Cleansing Milk: this felt really creamy, which is both good and bad. It seemed like I was washing my face with moisturizer rather than a cleansing product, and I did not get a clean-skin feel from it. However, on the plus side, it didn't dry my skin out, so I guess I can't complain too much.
  • Antioxidant Serum: the directions said to apply about 4 drops of this serum to freshly cleaned skin and to follow with a moisturizer. It made my skin feel slippery and over-hydrated, so I cut down to just 2 drops. I still felt a little gooey...I could only stand it for a couple of days!
  • Oil-Free Moisturizer: applying this after the serum seemed like overkill. Even though this moisturizer is oil free, it is very thick and hydrating. It made my skin slick and greasy feeling. On top of that, it didn't have any extras (like SPF) in it. I much prefer my Olay!
  • Hydrating Mist: according to directions, this was to be sprayed on freshly washed skin and anytime throughout the day. I was expecting a cool, refreshing mist, but instead was left with annoying drippy junk all over my skin. Mmm...sexy!
  • Green Apple Peel: this is to be used once a week and exfoliates the skin. Of all the products, this was probably the best, though I must admit that I didn't get a super-soft, glowing complexion after using it. Still, it did leave my skin feeling good and clean.
  • Bamboo Washcloth: some reviews I've read about this kit are all gushing and hyper-excited about the washcloth. You know me--I have to break away from the trend. I don't use washcloths and could really care less about its addition to the kit. I would have preferred an eyecream or lip balm to round out the kit. Oh well--they should have consulted me first!
The final verdict? I had high hopes for Juice Beauty's products and the Organics to Go kit seemed like a great way to try out their products. After a two week trial period, I must say I am completely unimpressed. Maybe the cleansing products I used were too hydrating for my skin type, or for this time of the year. They may be better for winter use when my skin is parched. There are a lot of high end cleansing products on the market, and based on my experience with the products in Organics to Go, I cannot see myself rushing to Juice Beauty any time in the future. How disappointing.

Blog Archive